Serve up this watermelon cake pops recipe and watch as your kids go crazy for them.
Cute, fun-sized dessert snacks that taste just as amazing as they look!
Watermelon Cake Pops Recipe
That’ll Blow Your Mind
In most bakeries and all Starbucks, you’ll find at least one type of cake pop for sale. Made from rolled up cake crumbs dipped in melted candy and served like a lollipop, cake pops have become quite the dessert trend and for good reason: they come in various flavors, are easy to consume (they’re on the end of a stick) and they taste absolutely delicious. Tired of shelling out a few bucks for premade desserts, the objective is to get you out of your comfort zone by creating the treats that you’re oh so mesmerized by.
So with that being said, today we have an amazing watermelon cake pops recipe. Not only will your kids go nuts for these bite-sized watermelon look-alike treats, you’ll also want a bite. Check out the full tutorial below to learn how to make these wonderful cake pops.
- 2 1/4 cups baked red cake
- 1/3 cup buttercream frosting
- white candy melts
- green candy melts
- ¾ cups mini chocolate chips
- green food colouring (for painting)
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Break it up until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add in the frosting and mini chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to mix everything together.
- Scoop out small balls of the cake mixture and roll them tightly.
- Place the balls on parchment paper on a tray.
- Repeat this process until all the cake mixture is used up.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and then insert them into the cake balls about half-way.
- Let the chocolate dry.
- Once dry, dip the entire cake pop into the white chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Place all of the cake pops back on the parchment or wax paper to let them dry. You may put in the refrigerator to get the pops to dry quicker.
- While chilling, melt the green chocolate.
- Bring out the dry cake pops and dip them into the green chocolate.
- Once you’re done, place all the cake pops back in the fridge.
- Get a brush and the green food colouring and paint vertical lines on your pops.
- Let them dry.
- You now have watermelon cake pops!